Wednesday, July 30, 2008

S'too early for this.

The pronouns have been revised AGAIN. Hopefully for the final time. The most difficult part is finding something that sounds and reads like a pronoun, while giving subtle visual hints as to which one it conjugates as. I finally have:

il (he, she, it)
ilim (him, her, it)
iliš (his, her/hers, its)
ilištum (himself/herself/itself)

As said before, š is pronounced sh. I'd write sh, but it doesn't correspond to anything in English. Even older forms, to the best of my knowledge, only used th (ð or þ) as a third person suffix, and, yes, they're pronounced differently. (Why, no, I really don't have anything better to do with my time than study dead languages for no constructive purpose. Why do you ask?)

All right, back to context conversion. I think this might work. It still hurts to do, but, hey. Might as well see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I am soooooooo glad I'm not the only one who does this kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! The big question is, do you want to do it? ;) I love the conjugation, but I nearly broke out in a sweat the first time I used "ilištum" in the story. I'm all verklempt just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete