Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Fannish encroachment

In a 145K-word book, is it too much to have two (possibly three) subtle fannish references? One is unintentional, one is deliberate, and the maybe is deliberate and comparatively very, very obscure. (I can't remember if it got cut or not. Don't think so, though.)

Bah. Who knows? I'll poke Colleen next read and see what she thinks.

The temp today has dropped from nearly 60F to below freezing. I'm really, really glad I decided to take my car into the shop in mid-afternoon rather than evening or, worse, tomorrow morning. Eek. Nothing wrong, AFAIK--just lube, oil, and filter, a tire check, a squeaky belt, and a possible blown fuse. My poor car. There's so much crap in it, including a pimp hat and a random Halloween cloak of indeterminate origin.

Back to writing. I'm about edited out for the evening, but I've got through a LOT in the past 48 hours, including a scene that needed to be reconstructed from the ground up.

**looks out the window** I fear this is a night for Postum and ramen. Mmm, ramen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are being productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gettin' there! Got your email, btw. It might be tomorrow before I'm able to reply. I'm just a little blah about human communication right now. Blame holiday retail.

    ReplyDelete