Thursday, May 08, 2008

Amazing new writing tool.

Via a comment posted on Fangs, Fur, & Fey, I got the idea to load up a desktop wiki to keep track of my writing universe(s). As it seemed like a fantastic idea, I downloaded and installed MoinMoin Desktop Edition.

I'm in love.

Still entering information, and it'll take ages to perfect, but it'll give my brain a handy crutch. I have a feeling I'll have to learn a little bit of programming (or at least Python) to make it do everything I want, but the interface is easy and very friendly, and the software is sleek. It's beautiful. I highly recommend it, and I'll be using it for other writing projects in future.

2 comments:

  1. Hi from a fellow Colleen-agented person.

    I'm totally downloading MoinMoin now myself. What a fantastic idea! Just the idea of having my own personal wiki for keeping track of writing things. It makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo! :) Sorry to respond late--I'm just now getting back to online stuff. Glad you like the idea! It's dead awesome and a blast to use. I wish I'd had it years ago. Certainly would have made life easier.

    TTYL! :)

    ReplyDelete