Friday, May 23, 2008

Still Alive

There's not much going on right now, to be honest. I should have my editorial notes next week, which will help. I've mostly been dealing with lupus-or-whatever; it's affecting my fingers right now, which makes typing difficult. When I can finally get my hands on a digital voice recorder, things should improve--write now, transcribe later.

I've got a family reunion coming up in a couple of months. I suspect that being around a gaggle of second cousins I've never met, but who possibly all act exactly like every other member of my dad's family, will result in a few story ideas. Never mind that the reunion is taking place in a small town in southwest Oklahoma. I'm a little surprised we're not staging a raid on the state capitol to take back a piece of crocheted lace my grandmother made, and which is now a permanent fixture in the state gallery. Then, given that side of the family, half a dozen engineers and a case of beer will get together, and it'll probably deteriorate into madness.

Fortunately, I like madness.

The Import wants to go to Best Buy, so I'm going to point out restaurants on the way to see if I can get out of cooking. Can someone please give him a taste for Chinese food? I'm dying for a hit of eggplant and tofu in garlic sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment