Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Four thirty, and all's well.

Don't look at me like that. I fell asleep at 7:00. Naps are the great devourers of schedules.

As soon as I figure out what I'm going to do with one particular character, I'm going to set to the first major incisions on THotE. It needs some pretty serious surgery--we're talking multiple organ transplant serious. It would help if the plot bunnies for my Weird UF Idea would stop chewing my brain like fluffy zombies. At least I've got a good idea of what I'll work on next. Should make the English Import happy. He loves UF, though I'm not sure how he'll take to my particular flavour of Adventure and Magic in the Urban Jungle.

Basically, I'm putting off sleep mk. 2 as long as I can right now because as soon as I wake up, I have to murder my darlings. Long, slow, painful murder. Catharsis is healthy, but it's also gutting. (Note to self: must also buy cat food. And coat hangers. And NOT GET CAUGHT UP IN TIDYING THE CLOSET WHEN THERE IS MURDER TO COMMIT.)

There is a cat making pathetic noises at me, so I'm going to go and check the food bowl, then go to bed.

Oh, another book: I've just finished The Winter Prince, by Elizabeth E. Wein. OMG, I want more. I've already got the other two in the series on order from the library. I want to keep Medraut. As a friend, a pet, a roomie, tied to my bed, I just want to keep him. He needs love! Dearly glad I picked that one up. Thank the Aksum Empire that I found Wein.

No comments:

Post a Comment