Thursday, June 12, 2008

JESUS CHRIST, IT'S A LION! GET IN THE CAR!

I just took a break from editing to let my brain turn to mush over lion cubs. A zoo in Norway has set up a live feed of four cubs (little tinies) and their mother. The cubs are still unsteady, and one toppled on his side as he tried to make it to the pile o' sibs. Mama came over, and now it's time for dinner and a nap. They're. So. CUTE. They even knead mama's belly like a house-kitten.

I want to pet them. At the same time, I want to live, so I shall refrain.

Going to get a little more editing in tonight, then crash. At a point where I'm not entirely sure what to cut. I suppose it'll go away when it needs to.

(Oh, it strikes me that my review of The Winter Prince was a bit incoherent. It's an excellent and unusual retelling of the story of Mordred (Medraut in Welsh) and his place in Arthur's court. There's lots of resentment and quiet intelligence and background evil and sibling rivalry, and it's beautifully constructed and told. I'm a sucker for anything Mordred, and this is one of the better takes I've seen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment