Monday, March 17, 2008

Superstition vs. Relief

You know, I'm not superstitious. ("Ceramic atheist" is a better way to put it.) However, I'm not sure whether to take the little things that have happened since I quit my hated day job as signs that I did the right thing (universe rewarding me level), signs that I did the right thing (purely reasonable level), or just the product of a lot of hard work and the general cycle of the publishing industry. I'm strongly leaning toward #3 with a dash of #2, but #1 is whimsical enough to make me grin.

The breakdown is that, an hour after I got home from my last day, my lovely agent gave me a sound kick in the butt that will make THotE about ten times stronger that it already is. I've had a lively and pleasurable tizzy of a time working out some practical and etymological problems related to the series, and I can't remember the last time I had a chance to do that. And this morning, I got an email stating that a story I wrote and adore has made it to an EiC's desk. :)

I was doing well twenty minutes ago, and now I'm realising that, for the first time in longer than I care to remember, I'm happy. Properly happy. That's not something to be snubbed.

Back to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment