Monday, March 17, 2008

Ugh

Been working on the series synopsis all day. Oh, sweet Elvis. Apparently, my greatest weakness is writing huge, overblown scenes that go on and on and on and on and on only so I can make one tiny point. GAH!

*gets out the red pen*

ETA: I swear, I do a better job of writing synopses when I'm tired and lazy. I'm too tired to fill in all the details, hence I only get the high points. Maybe I should start doing this when I'm dead tired as a matter of course.

Meh. Need sleep soon. Busy day tomorrow. I wanna stay home and write!

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I need to write my series synopsis, too. Gah! I've never felt like I'm good at writing them, and I always feel like they're such a bad representation of my actual writing.

    Been doing lots of main points and sticky notes just to get the whole story arc straight. There are certain things I know I want to have happen, but now I'm just trying to fill in all those blanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Colleen is going to kill me if I send her the rough draft of my synopsis. It's about twice as long as it needs to be, and I'm inserting MS Word comments every paragraph. A rough breakdown of my mental process is, "And this is the main storyline, but, ooh, this needs to be in there, and this ties that bit up nicely, and this...."

    It's like all of the story, none of the spirit. That just ain't cool.

    ReplyDelete